1. Respect for the other person’s model of the world.
2. Behavior and change are to be evaluated in terms of context, and Ecology
3. Resistance in a client is a Sign of a lack of rapport.
(There are no resistant clients, only inflexible communicators.)
4. People are not their behaviors. (Accept the person; change the behavior.)
5. Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available.
6. Calibrate on Behavior: The most important information about a person is that person’s behavior.
7. The Map is not the Territory. (The words we use are NOT the event or the item they represent.)
8. (U) You are in charge of your mind, and therefore your results (and I am also in charge of my mind and therefore my results).
9. People have all the Resources they need to succeed and to achieve their desired outcomes.
10. All procedures should increase Wholeness
11. There is ONLY feedback! (There is no failure, only feedback.)
12. The meaning of communication is the Response you get.
13. The Law of Requisite Variety: (The system/person with the most flexibility of behavior will control the system.)
14. All procedures should be Designed to increase choice.